Sunday, October 17, 2010

Clearly I don't post enough...

since my last post was in February! I'm not a very good writer, but several family members have recently restarted their blogs and prompted me to restart mine.

Too much has happened in the past 8 months for me to relate here, but suffice to say that I'm ready for a change. Some things are going better, but now other things aren't going so well. We seem to be in a sort of holding pattern right now, just trying to survive this school year and get through to the end of June. Squeaker will finish his first year of Kindergarten (which is beginning to look like a disaster, which I will hash out in another post) and Hubby will finish his MBA in June. We don't know where we'll be living after that, and we also don't know what we'll be doing as far as Squeaker and schooling. As much as I despise change, and loathe the idea of moving again, we need a change to continue to raise our kids in a healthy and happy environment.

Some of our future options aren't so enticing to me, in fact I nearly get a panic attack thinking about one possible scenario. Another scenario I am almost chomping at the bit to accept and welcome. Scenario one takes me into literally completely unfamiliar territory where I know absolutely no one in an environment contrary to my personal nature. It also puts me an uncomfortable distance away from family. I am trying very hard to look at the positive aspects of this scenario (of which there are a few), but it's definitely not my first choice. Scenario two makes me want to yell "throw me into the briar patch!" In this case, I am trying hard not to get my hopes up too high. Scenario three means we stay here, which I also have mixed feelings about. I know whatever decision we make will be the best one for our family at that time, it's just unnerving not knowing where we'll be 7-8 months from now.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

No comments: