Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tornado Warning

For once, I'm not referring to the state of my house or the two tornadoes I call Squeaker and Monkey-man.

My Daddy sent me a text message about 5:45 this evening and said "did you know you're on tornado watch?" We've been on tornado watch/warnings before, and it was sunny with a few billowy clouds in the parts of the sky I could see from where I was. So I didn't give it much thought. Until the sirens went off about 5 minutes later as we were leaving for judo. It was almost surreal because although they say they test them weekly, I swear I've never, ever heard them in the 5.5 years we've lived here. We went to judo and they were keeping an eye on the storm on the Weather Channel, so I figured they'd let us know if things got bad.

Thankfully enough, the storm and its 3 funnels that did drop were north of town. I had a few friends who saw the funnels and were a little nervous, but from everything I've heard so far, everyone is ok. Guess I won't be taking the tornado warnings/watches nearly as lightly from now on!

No comments: