Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stocking up on food...

No, I'm not a squirrel getting ready for the winter. But I've finally been able to start really stocking up on foods that can be frozen. Mom & Dad, and Grandma bought us a new-to-us upright "big" freezer for an early Christmas present. Mom and Dad brought it down a few weeks ago when they came down for Squeaker's birthday. I've been putting a few little things in there, but not a lot of stuff. I went to Sam's Club today and stocked up on some meats and cheeses that we go through a lot of. I got home and seperated them out per our average meal portions or recipes and put them in freezer bags. It's pretty cool to finally be able to do that. Before, I would sometimes try to cram so much in our little freezer that is part of our fridge that I would have to use a bungee to keep it all from falling out. And finding anything in there was nearly impossible. My other problem was buying meats on sale and not having room in the freezer to put them away and wasting money on meat going bad. Now I can store the bulk of my food in the big freezer and move it out to the little freezer as needed. I'm excited about that, and I think it will keep my food budget down too. Yay!

Sorry for the lame post after yesterday's, but today, I got nothin!

No comments: